Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Fancy a screw?

John Rumm wrote:
Tim S wrote:

Some good ideas there (across several posts)

Thanks folks.

Think I will definitely try the masonry screws as mentioned, get some
proper
brass woodscrews for the bits on show that need to look nice (eg
floorboards) and try one of the new types for general purpose use - I'll

Handy tip for trad brass screw usage - screw in a matching size steel
screw first, then remove and replace with the brass. Makes the driving
of the brass much lighter, and hence far less likely to damage the
softer head.

The other day I dropped a brass screw from an electical fitting (wire
clamping screw from a scoket). Fell near a screwdriver. And moved
towards it. Realised the magnetised screwdriver was attracting it. Must
be steel with a brass finish of some sort.

Kind of surprising I've never seen woodscrews which are similarly
constructed. Anyone seen such things?

--
Rod

onset.