Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default back yard tree

JohnR66 wrote:

I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in
SW Ohio and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the
leaves) and is trouble free to grow. My back yard is devoid of
vegitation, so this tree would get full sunlight. The back yard is 75
x 60 feet and the tree would be near the middle. I would like to
start from a seed. I looked on a tree website and there is a vast
amount of possiblilities that I'd like to narrow down. I know I can't
have trees that can be attacked by EAB and oaks seem to have problems
of their own. What do you suggest? Thanks, John

I have a couple of maple trees in my back yard that are beautiful.
They grow quickly I believe and make great climbing trees for kids if
you care about that.