Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default back yard tree

JohnR66 wrote:
I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in SW Ohio
and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the leaves) and is
trouble free to grow. My back yard is devoid of vegitation, so this tree
would get full sunlight. The back yard is 75 x 60 feet and the tree would be
near the middle. I would like to start from a seed. I looked on a tree
website and there is a vast amount of possiblilities that I'd like to narrow
down. I know I can't have trees that can be attacked by EAB and oaks seem to
have problems of their own. What do you suggest?
Thanks, John

Go visit some local gardener businesses and talk to them. Might even
check HD and Lowes.
Why? They know your area. They will have small starters which will
save a few years time.

Lou