Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default An insane sentence

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:45:48 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
snip
But we have bigger problems -- notably a
lack of common ambition and goals

snip
----------
Indeed, but an expected problem when the "elite" are "world
citizens" and the companies they control are transnational
corporations, while everyone else [except for the "undocumented"
guest workers] are American citizens, with their homes and small
businesses located in the USA.

Do you think that's it? I think it's more a matter of general ennui, not
having any big new projects, like building families and housing after WWII,
or putting a man on the moon. Like John, I hope that energy independence
becomes the next big thing, but it will take leadership from the top to get
people excited about it.

Coming up with some goal we all agree upon is not easy. Bush has kind of
burned out the idea of being constantly at war with an abstraction.

--
Ed Huntress