Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DrollTroll DrollTroll is offline

Default Mechanical "cutting" of long hydrocarbon chains

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:52:21 -0400, the infamous Joseph Gwinn
scrawled the following:

In article ,
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Buerste writes:

Would it be possible to mechanically
crack HCs into fuel on a large scale?

Yes, in fact, there was once a machine, which looked rather like an old
fashioned laundry wringer, which operated on this principle, and took in
grass clippings and used newsprint, and output gasoline and oxygen. Big
Oil bought up the patents, and it was never heard of again.

Umm. What are the patent numbers?

Excellent question. I also want the patent number on the 200mpg carb
and several others.

99% of patents are irrelevant, unworkable, impractical, useless, or outright
bogus. Most have never even been built.

The ONLY thing the USPTO won't issue a patent for is perpetual motion
machines. Hooray thermodynamics.....
The USPTO does not require working models, except for perpetual motions
machines.

Also, they are often not easy to understand, as they are written as
cryptically as possible.

However, there could be hidden gems in them thar stacks. I think we're up
to 7,000,000 patents, just in the USA.
Much of the modern patents is subtle electronic design stuff.

--
DT

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong