Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler[_2_] PanHandler[_2_] is offline

Default Ordering Gravel

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"benick" wrote in message
. ..
I've got to order some gravel to expand my turnaround by the garage
mostly to have more space to push snow (Maine) and I'm not sure what to
order. A friend said gravel is sold by the size of the rocks in it and
that I should order 2 inch...Is this true??? Thanks for any help.....

It is sold by size, but I have no idea what is best for you. As the guys
at the gravel place what will work best for you situation.

The soil you're spreading it on will be a factor, mebbe requiring two
layers - first a large aggregate, topped with something smaller. In my
county DOT provides free asphalt grindings whenever they mill a road being
prepared for resurfacing. They even deliver it!