Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there a difference between a deep freezer and a refrigerator/freezer?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:17:45 -0700 (PDT), stratfordone
wrote:

Does anyone know if there is actually a temperature difference between
a chest freezer and a freezer found on top of a refrigerator? Also, if
so, is there an advantage to getting a chest freezer over a stand up
freezer? We're looking to add freezer space but trying to determine if
it would be just as good to get another refrigerator/freezer combo.
Any advice would be great...I cant seem to find a clear answer to
this. Thanks!

The chest type freezer is probably the best choice for energy
efficiency. Since there are thermostats on either appliance, the
colder one is the one set to the colder temperature.