fred

Default Horstmann Programmable Room Stat

In article , Ed Sirett
writes
John Stumbles wrote:

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Christian
McArdle writes
The Horstmann looks like a pattern match for a Tower one I have as a
temp solution and I don't hold that one in high regard.

Yeah. I bought one of those, but never fitted it in the end. It sticks

out
of the wall too much, looks a bit cheap and I couldn't work out how to
manual override the thing. (I'd lost the instructions).

If you're still interested, you override by pressing one of the arrow keys
until the displayed demand temp blinks once, then use arrow keys to set
desired override temp. Resets on next program step - easy huh ;-)

Incidentally anyone tried the Danfoss one that Screwfix do (or any other one
of reasonable price)? The Horstmann doesn't lets you set 4 time bands per
day for weekdays but not for weekend days, and it's a bit fiddly to
temporarily override (which SWMBO particularly complains about).

At the risk of sounding like you know who (and whatever he's just been
reading about...)

I still recommend the Centaur Stat 7 - less than 30 quid.
4 temperatures per day.
2 sorts of day assignable to any days of the week.
Easy + - buttons to override.
Lock button for going away for w/e hols etc.
Much easier to program than any other I have tried with similar
features.

Screwfix part 12517 (iIRC).

Even these controls are too complex for about half the customers.

Sounds good, but it's huuuuuuuuuuuuuge. It's 12157 btw.
--
fred