Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Bridgeport Z axis shaft disassembly

Ignoramus31919 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/My-B...LSGS/00-Shaft/

I bought a Z axis power feed. Its installation manual calls for
removal of the part of the original mill shaft that I circled on the
first picture. (the manual is not written in the best English and it
is not easy to understand, so I may be misunderstanding it).

The part is shown on page 70 if the bridgeport manual on my page
above. It is called a "dial holder", item number 88 on the diagram.

Has anyone tried disassembling this shaft and how is this dial holder
attached? Do I need to press it out, or what? I would hate to break
the mill, etc.

Closer pictures would help. Though the manual doesn't seem to show it, I
notice a hole on the side of that part that makes me think there might
be a tapered pin or roll pin securing it.