Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default Ultra thin screwdriver

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am looking for a flat screwdriver with an exceptionally thin blade,
for use on clock mechanisms. The blade needs to be at least 3/16" long,
but no more than 25/1000" thick. Does anyone know of a source for such a
screwdriver? UK sources are preferred, if anyone knows of them.

I know I can try grinding my own, but I'm not convinced I can do it neatly.

Follow-ups set to rec.crafts.metalworking.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

Don't expect much torque out of it, but you might try a thickness gauge. You may still
need to grind the side to make it narrower.