Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill Donwill is offline

Default ceramic sink knockout

"Kevin" wrote in message
Donwill wrote:
I've just received a ceramic sink, Belfast 200 from Carron phoenix and I
am
informed that I need to open a hole in the centre to allow a tap to be
fitted. The area that the tap is located is pre prepared underneath for
cutting through the ceramic surface. However, I'm not sure how to
actually
cut through the pre- prepared area in order to fit the tap. It appears to
be
scored underneath.
Does anyone have any experience in opening a hole in this ceramic double
sink. Do I need to score the glazed top surface? and how do I do that to
prevent the glazed surface from splintering and or cracking. I would be
grateful if you could pass on any tips or advice that may be relevant.

Regards

Don

not sure if its the same as ours but the fitter tapped ours through with a
hammer and small socket as a punch

Which side did he knock it out from? from underneath, that is the unglazed
side or from the top? did he have to cut through the glaze first?

Don