Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dieseldes Dieseldes is offline

Default adding a radiator

"TheScullster" wrote in message

"Dieseldes" wrote

Having just bought a towel radiator (right price!) It's a bit small to
replace the current bathroom one, so I was thinking of running it in
parallel, just taking two taps off the top 1/2 bsp holes and mounting it
above the existing radiator ,

what's the chances of this working? having just fitted a shower cubical
all the 8mm feed and return pipes are now almost hidden (permanently!!)

Des

Should work, but if this is the highest heated point on your system, be
prepared for it to be the last to heat up.

Phil

As we have an oil fired Stanley running the radiators, we have the bathroom
one on all the time (when the c/h is running) All the rest have
thermostatic valves. It is this one I was going to add the towel radiator
too, with the replies so far I suspect it will work OK,

Now to find a 1/2" to 8mm adapter!

Des