Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Fancy a screw?

I do, couple of thousand in fact.

Assuming that got past your SPAM filter...

When I were a lad, we had phillips and slotted, brass and steel, round
heads, countersunk and the old one inbetween in between.

Went to Screwfix with the intent of buying a couple of mega packs of general
purpose woodscrews...

Turbogold, goldscrew, spax, quicksilver...

Ow... I feel like someone just dug me out the ground (I'm 40).

So whats the best general purpose screw these days? I have two principal
uses:

Screw to wood and screw to masonary walls with plugs.

Should I just go with the screws I know and love, or are these new products
really better? I don't mind being old fashioned and drilling pilot holes
and countersinking.

Cheers

Tim