Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Ot - Not Political - Economic Meltdown

Wes wrote:
wrote:

The news on the economic front is looking especially grim,
particularly for you Yanks. I hope the members of this group manage to
survive the hard times ahead with grace and dignity. I feel sure that,
with the plain old commonsense mechanical (and other) skills you have
acquired from the hobby, we will be better able to mend, make do,
scrounge, recycle as our grandparents did in the 30's.

Let us hope it doesn't get that bad. The G7 countries are so tied at the hip that if we
go down, we take you with us.

This is beyond politics, its happened, its a real mess, and hopefully
something better will arise from the present chaos. I wish you all
well, irrespective of the political arguments and insults.

Whatever 'reforms' are made will be forgotton after a generation or two. History repeats.

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.

Have great weekend,

Wes

Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in
Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it.

They failed and it closed.

Now we are trusting the entire economy of our country to a pack of
nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling
booze?

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)