Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight goes the extra mile!

On Oct 12, 12:10*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:

SNIP

when the manager at Harbor Freight
called and told me that he had found two of the 10 gage magnesium
nailers, so he's holding one for me.

I really didn't expect him to do that.

They must be working on their image and service. I was in the store
here a couple of weeks ago to buy some of those leather work gloves
they sell by the dozen and some nitrile gloves.

The store was really clean... I thought I was in the wrong place! The
people there were friendly, which is important as I still can't figure
out the store layout.

Who knows; HF, HD, and others may meet somewhere in the middle. As
the quality of tools at the box stores continues to inch downward and
the overall quality of the tools at HF seem to be going up, it could
make things interesting.

Every once in a while the HF here has refurb Porter Cable and DeWalt
tools. They don't sell them discounted enough to make you buy
something you don't need, but it was a surprise to see some DeWalt
hand tools there.

The whole store still smells like uncured rubber, though.

Robert