Posted to alt.home.repair
Old and Grunpy[_2_] Old and Grunpy[_2_] is offline

Default Compressor oil reccomendation?

You need to use special oil design for air compressor next best would be
Vacuum oil
good luck! Tony

"Jimi" wrote in message
el...
Hello,
I have an old (1950's I beleive) Wayne air compressor with a 20-25 gal
tank. I don't have a manual for it as it came in the garage when we bought
the house. It has a single cylinder and runs off 220 volt power. I see
that the oil level is down slightly so would like to top it up. Can anyone
recommend the weight of compressor oil?... While I'm at it, can anyone
recommend a website where I can get a pdf manual for such a compressor?
I have googled Wayne Compressors and have lots of sites, but no
manuals...have learnt that they were the compressor of choice for gas
station owners in the 1920's though 1950's.............Thanks... Jim