Posted to alt.home.repair

Default paint problem

"Chris" wrote in message
I just finished a painting project on some old plaster that was
patched and restored. It turned out fine. However, there are a few
areas that look like they could have been sanded a little better. The
areas look rough, and if the light hits it right, it really sticks
out. I did two coats. Is there a way to hide the coarse texture? Or,
is that just the way it will look no matter how many coats goes on? I
was thinking of slapping some paint with a brush and work it in, and
then back roll it with a dry roller. The lady of the house says she
can live with it.. it is just that one area is at eye level with I go
up and down the steps and it sort of bothers me..

About 10 or 15 coats will do it. Or just take the time to sand it smooth and
put two coats over it.