Posted to alt.radio.digital,sci.electronics.repair,uk.people.consumers,24hoursupport.helpdesk

Default new DAB pocket radio story

In article ,
DAB sounds worse than FM dab.is@dead wrote:
We would never start using the old DAB in Sweden and Finland,
that's for sure. DAB+ or something more modern is the future.

Easy to be wise with hindsight. I first heard demonstrations of the
present UK DAB system in the '80s, and transmissions started shortly
afterwards. There will always be better technology just round the
corner.

Plowman, DAB is DEAD in Sweden and Finland - the transmitters were
even switched off in Finland, and most of the transmitters were
switched off in Sweden as well when the government refused to fund it.

According to the person I was replying to Sweden and Finland 'would never
start using the old DAB' - so take it up with him, you shiftless worm.

Now that DAB+ is available adn there's receivers and ALL DAB receivers
are going to include support for DAB+ in the near future, there's no
way that any country that's considering what system to use would use
DAB. End of story.

Can't you read? DAB+ wasn't around when the UK system was devised.

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.