Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Fluidmaster Cistern Valve

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"John" writes:
Had a bit of an overflow and wondered if the washer in the Fluidmaster
ball
valve might need replacing. I have a pack of the diaphragm type washers
for
the conventional plastic ball valves - will these fit? Or are Fluidmaster
washers / diaphragms unique?

I haven't had one fail, but they do warn that they're quite
suspectable to any debris in the supply. There's a procedure
when you install to remove the cap, invert a mug over top
and turn the water on full, to ensure any debris is flushed
out of the pipework before it's put into service. Might be
worth repeating that.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Mmmmm - Wish I had a service valve!!!

Do I ask my wife to hold the mug - or work the stop tap?