Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Pinhole leak in concrete

There is a small concrete pit right outside our garage containing a sump
pump that keeps our garage dry in the winter. There is a pinhole leak in
one corner, the tiny stream of water that comes in this hole after a heavy
rain eventually fills the pit which in theory is supposed to stay dry while
the drain channel in the driveway feeds the pump which is enclosed in it's
own plastic container. The problem is that long after it stops raining this
leak results in the sump pump trying to drain all the ground water above the
level of the leak. I'm looking for recommendations of products to apply to
the concrete in that corner which will seal the leak, I've heard of paint-on
products. Or do I have to bite bullet and slap some hydraulic concrete all
up that corner to have a realistic chance of sealing the leak?