Mike in Mystic

Default Looking for a specialty router bit

I think you might have to laminate the bottom onto the board, after routing
a shallow dado in the location for the t-slot. You could form the hollow
first, and then accurately locate the dado for the t-slot, and then remove
the middle portion, leaving the two-shoulders you would need. You would
have good control over the dimensions this way, and I don't think you'll
find a router bit that will do this anyway.

Mike

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"Thomas Mitchell" wrote in message
I've checked out Whiteside, Rockler, Freud, Amana and haven't found the
bit I think I need. Maybe there's even another way of making the cut.

I'm making a cribbage board and want to build in a compartment for the
pegs. I'd like to make a hollow area and then put a t type slot to make
a cover that slides over the hollow. The T-slot bits I've been finding
are too large for my needs. Ideally I'd like to have something that the
horizontal part of the T is around 1/8" in height and the verticle part
is about 1/2" though I can always use a second bit to make the
verticle. I can't seem to find a bit or a means to make the 1/8" or
3/16" slot. Any ideas?

| |
| |
--- ---