Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Wood splitter

On Oct 12, 6:55*am, Steve wrote:
Hello,
I am considering buying a McCullugh (called a Woodchuck) electric wood
splitter. *It has a 4 ton force and supposedly can split a 20 inch
long piece of wood up to 12 inch diameter. *I am thinking of keeping
it in my basement to split pieces of wood down to kindling size when
needed. *My question is does anyone on here have one of these
splitters and, if so, what do they think of them??? *They sell around
my area for about $230. *Made in China, of course........
Thanks,
Steve

A 4 ton splitter is not going to split much of anything that is not
clear grain. It takes 20 tone or more to be a serious splitter.

Harry K