Chris Carter

Default Looking for a specialty router bit

Lee Valley has a 1/8" slotting bit that may work for this situation
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...urrency=1&SID=
but typically I would try a dovetail bit and have the end result something
like this:

_____ _____
/________\ - Cover groove formed with a dovetail bit
| |
|______| - Storage area formed with a straight plunge bit

Cover slides in the shallow slot formed by the dovetail bit

Chris

"Thomas Mitchell" wrote in message
I've checked out Whiteside, Rockler, Freud, Amana and haven't found the
bit I think I need. Maybe there's even another way of making the cut.

I'm making a cribbage board and want to build in a compartment for the
pegs. I'd like to make a hollow area and then put a t type slot to make
a cover that slides over the hollow. The T-slot bits I've been finding
are too large for my needs. Ideally I'd like to have something that the
horizontal part of the T is around 1/8" in height and the verticle part
is about 1/2" though I can always use a second bit to make the
verticle. I can't seem to find a bit or a means to make the 1/8" or
3/16" slot. Any ideas?

| |
| |
--- ---