Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Steals and Deals at HB -- not 300W Halogen bulbs

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:53:50 GMT, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote:

... How bad can a 4" grinder for $20
be, if it lasts through a few years of abuse..

Just for funzies, bought the $20, right angle grinder, put on a 24
grit sanding disk and went to work cleaning up some fiberglass.

POS didn't even make it thru the afternoon.

YMMV

Lew

That's really surprising!
I recommended them to a friend that does swimming pool work a few years ago,
because he was going through Mikita grinders like they were disposable..
he bought a dozen of the HF cheapies and said that they lasted longer than
anything else he'd used..

I don't do a lot of grinding, but I've abused mine a lot, mostly with cutting
wheels, and it's been great...

OTOH, I have heard that sometimes with HF, you might have to return 1 or 2 to
get a good one?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing