Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 15mm Compression Joints pull the pipe out a bit before tightening?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
RobertL wrote:
when cleaning the tube I use steel wool and a rub it 'round and
round' rather than 'up and down' so there are no 'channels'
scratched into the tube surface. Much as if I was doing a soldered
joint. perhaps this is overkill.

I also clean the pipe prior to using a compression fitting, don't think its
overkill at all.

Just for information you can get cleaner strips these days that are
faster than wire wool - and no sharp bits to pierce the skin. They
seem quite expensive - but have a long life. I won't use anything
else now. Also makes cleaning the back of a pipe in a tricky place
easy.

I use those & find them really good, if the end of the pipe is accessable I
use one of these
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Plumbing-Too...ol/invt/159884

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman