Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 15mm Compression Joints pull the pipe out a bit before tightening?

In article ,
Ed Sirett wrote:
No idea of specific manufacturers, but they obviously do vary.

Since the joints are supposed to be manufactured to BS 864 (or it's EN
equivalent) they /ought/ to be reasonably similar.

However there are several options:
1)The manufactuers are not holding to the standard.
2) The standard allows for a tolerance band.
3) Some of the fittings are not to BS 864 just supposedly good enough.

I've seen fittings with damage to the tapers. Dunno how much the BS majors
on quality control.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.