Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Compressor oil reccomendation?

"Jimi" wrote in message
el...
Hello,
I have an old (1950's I beleive) Wayne air compressor with a 20-25 gal
tank. I don't have a manual for it as it came in the garage when we bought
the house. It has a single cylinder and runs off 220 volt power. I see
that the oil level is down slightly so would like to top it up. Can anyone
recommend the weight of compressor oil?... While I'm at it, can anyone
recommend a website where I can get a pdf manual for such a compressor?
I have googled Wayne Compressors and have lots of sites, but no
manuals...have learnt that they were the compressor of choice for gas
station owners in the 1920's though 1950's.............Thanks... Jim

What temperature is the place you will use it? Compressor oil runs from 10
through 40, but most use 20 or 30. If you are in an ambient of 60 or above,
I'd use 30 weight. Expect to pay about $25 to $30 a gallon.

In the 1950's they did not use PDF files. Good luck finding a manual.