Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimi Jimi is offline

Default Compressor oil reccomendation?

Hello,
I have an old (1950's I beleive) Wayne air compressor with a 20-25 gal
tank. I don't have a manual for it as it came in the garage when we bought
the house. It has a single cylinder and runs off 220 volt power. I see that
the oil level is down slightly so would like to top it up. Can anyone
recommend the weight of compressor oil?... While I'm at it, can anyone
recommend a website where I can get a pdf manual for such a compressor? I
have googled Wayne Compressors and have lots of sites, but no manuals...have
learnt that they were the compressor of choice for gas station owners in the
1920's though 1950's.............Thanks... Jim