Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 15mm Compression Joints pull the pipe out a bit before tightening?

405 TD Estate wrote:
I haven't been cleaning the pipe as i would for a soldered joint -
maybe that's it?

Also some of the pipe's are slightly mis-aligned - maybe that's it?

Kinda wishing I'd taken the chrome off a bit of the pipes and soldered
the things. I guess you guys find soldered joints a lot more reliable
as well...? There again I don't know how round the pipe would be after
I file the chrome off..

Chrome pipe is a slightly different ball game - it tends to need a more
serious doing up to get a good seal IME.

--
Cheers,

John.