Doug Miller

Default OT NEVER Forget!!!

In article , (Nate Perkins) wrote:
"Mike Fairleigh" wrote in message

... I've yet to hear
a Bush criticizm that was anything other than vitriolic wishful thinking,
wild speculation, and hatred for someone who happens to belong to a
different political party.

Well, I belong to a different political party, but only since GWB
started leading the Republicans. :-)

To answer your question about a Bush criticism that was anything other
than (...), how about this:

1) He misled the country, either willfully or through incompetence,
in multiple claims that Iraq had WMD.

Evidently you haven't been paying much attention to the news the last
twelve years. Iraq *did* have WMD; Saddam even admitted to some of it.

2) He got us into Iraq with no apparent plan to get us out. I think
the people deserve a more specific answer than "As long as it takes."

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all predict the future?

4)

Was there a 3) ?

He severely damaged our longstanding relationships with our allies

News flash: the French are not our allies, and they never were.

with his insistence to pursue a bull-headed unilateral approach in
Iraq.

You mean with his insistence that *somebody* needed to enforce the multiple
United Nations resolutions concerning Iraq.

Here's the main reason that the French, Germans, and Russians are ****ed off:
they were doing a *lot* of business with Saddam's regime, in violation of the
UN sanctions, and all that came to an abrupt halt.

5) His tax policies have produced no appreciable stimulus (corporate
capital investment is still at historically low levels despite a 1%
prime), but have produced record deficits that will stick with us
until at least 2008.

It's a bit early to evaluate that, you know, since the vast bulk of the tax
cuts have not yet taken effect.

6) He's created a staggering long term debt for the nation.

News flash: Bush didn't cause the September 11 attacks, which came just as we
were beginning to emerge from the recession that Clinton started.

7) He has significantly increased the size of government (both in the
number of departments and the number of employees).

Even if true, that hardly distinguishes him from most of his predecessors.

8) We've lost a couple of million jobs (especially in the
manufacturing sector) to overseas, and most economists think that
because the productivity level remains high, the jobs will not come
back. Laissez faire economics in action.

Why do you blame Bush for a recession that started under Clinton?

9) He repeatedly exaggerates links between 9/11 and Iraq, or uses
9/11 as an excuse to rally his latest cause regardless of whether
there is any truthful link to 9/11.

Do you suppose there's any possibility that the President knows something you
don't?

10) He's taken record amounts of corporate and special interest
money.

So what? His predecessor, and his opponent in the 2000 election, accepted
record amounts of illegal contributions from foreign governments, specifically
the Communist Chinese. Do you find that preferable?

At the same time, he's been an opponent of campaign finance

A demonstrable falsehood: he signed the McCain-Feingold reform bill.
reform.

11) He acted hypocritically with regard to positions on farm
subsidies and steel tariffs.

OK, you finally got one right.

12) He uses a double standard with regard to North Korea, which is a
greater threat than Iraq ever was.

Double standard how? The point of the action in Iraq was to *prevent* that
state from becoming a greater threat such as NK already is.

13) His initial post-election decision to withdraw Dennis Ross from
the Middle East and his lack of ability to restrain Sharon's
government have led to collapse of any prospect for peace in Israel.

Explain to me exactly how the hell it ever became *our* responsibility to
ensure peace in the Middle East.

14) He sponsored the Patriot Act.

And your point would be... ?

15) He publicized, promised, and then reneged on funding for
education.

What the hell are you talking about? He let Teddy Kennedy write the damn bill,
and because you don't like the results, you're complaining about *Bush* ?

In short, Bush has a long record of poor judgement, incorrect
decisions, and a history of stubbornly sticking to bad positions. At
the rate he is going, George Bush is going to be the best thing that
has happened to the Democrats in a long time.

Best thing that happened to all Americans in a long time.

--
Regards,