Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Bury the hachet...? "Electric Fences and Purple $1 Bills???"" ?

"Bob F" wrote in message

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
5.247...
On Sat 11 Oct 2008 09:35:54a, Robert Blass told us...

Can we like bury the hatchet on the electric fence posting I made?

Robert, why not *just* a conventional fence? Could be chain link, or any
manner of wooden fence designs. Full enclosure with a gate. It's
unlikely
that people would continue to congregate in your yard. Make it as high
as
local code allows. You could probably also get away with putting a row
of
barbed wire at the top. I think that would take care of the problem.

One could also obstruct access with a hedge of blackberries or other
thorned bushes.

Yes, how about Hawthorn, they have 1 to 2" long razor sharp spikes grow out
from the branches, they can rip the flesh or penetrate deep. Or a Japanese
Angelica which are lined with sharp thorns all up the trunks, stems and even
the joints in the compound leaves, a brush up against a branch will take the
skin off.