Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_3_] krw[_3_] is offline

Default Steals and Deals at HB -- not 300W Halogen bulbs

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 10:48:49 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

Hell, I've been helping support them for years ;-]

Imho, can't beat their bar clamps, for the money.. You just have to know that
you're not paying quality prices and you can't expect quality stuff..

We needed a bunch of 6" C-clamps to clamp up two bending rails. We
had about half as many as we needed and called the big box guys. Each
store had 3 or 4 each. We stopped at HF and bought a fifteen 6"
(all they had) and three more 8". The 6" were $5.99 and the 8" were
$7.99. They worked fine and were almost half the price of the ones at
the big box stores.

I bought a pile of C-clamps on sale for $1.99 to $3.99 each. I
decided that a HF C-clamp couldn't be any different than a BORG C-
Clamp so outfitted my shop. I also bought a bunch of their bar
clams (also at deep sales prices) to supplement my Irwins. I just
figured out that the HF 60" bar clamps are 60" long. :-(

I also like their canvas drop cloths. They sell a 10 oz canvas 9x12
for about $17 and they seem to hold up well.

Haven't tried them. I paid a bundle at the BORG for mine. I didn't
live in an area with an HF store front and wouldn't have bought that
sort of thing unseen.

I've never tried any of their power tools.

I bought a couple of their drills - complete garbage. I also have
their 10" sliding miter saw which is quite good for the price. I
have it on a stand (DeWalt) that cost significantly more than the
saw.

--
Keith