Posted to alt.home.repair
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Dimitrios Paskoudniakis is offline

Default Leak in basement around PVC pipe through foundation

wrote in message
On Oct 11, 10:15 am, " wrote:
On Oct 11, 10:54 am, wrote:

I have a large diameter PVC pipe which exits my basement for the
septic.

When it rains it leaks around the pipe.
The pipe looks like it was sealed with concrete.
I am assuming I will need to chip this concrete out from around the
pipe.

But, what type of sealer should I use on the pipe?

how deep is it from the outside?

I would try to improve outdoor drainage, do gutters downspout etc dump
water in this area

It is about 3 feet down.

I have been working on the grading and gutters, I thought I had it all
fixed now.

Dig around the pipe outside the house to expose it, surround the
pipe/foundation interface with tar, cover the tarred area with an insulating
layer (such as a board), then refill.