Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bury the hachet...? "Electric Fences and Purple $1 Bills???"" ?

On Sat 11 Oct 2008 09:35:54a, Robert Blass told us...

Can we like bury the hatchet on the electric fence posting I made?

Robert, why not *just* a conventional fence? Could be chain link, or any
manner of wooden fence designs. Full enclosure with a gate. It's unlikely
that people would continue to congregate in your yard. Make it as high as
local code allows. You could probably also get away with putting a row of
barbed wire at the top. I think that would take care of the problem.

Our back yard, actually up to the front of our house, is fenced in with an
8' tall stockade fence with locked gates on either side of the house. No
one ever enteres it, and we have total privacy.

Our fron yard is not presently fenced in, however, we don't get people
wandering about, but we do get debris either tossed or blown into it.
We're restricted to a 4' fence in the front, and I think we're going to
install a split rail fence with a driveway gate. It won't afford much
privacy, and it won't prevent people from tossing things in the yard or
things blowing into the yard, but it does "define" personal space. If we
had people wandering about, it would certainly deter that.

Frankly, we live in a rather "trashy" neighborhood, but the lot was
reasonably priced and large for this area. We have the nicest house and
yard in the area. People here just don't seem to give a damn what their
places look like. Luckily, the immediate neighbors on each side are really
nice people.

Good luck!

--
Wayne Boatwright