Posted to alt.radio.digital,sci.electronics.repair,uk.people.consumers,24hoursupport.helpdesk
john d hamilton john d hamilton is offline

Default new DAB pocket radio story

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
I think I know what's going on here.

Barring the (real) possibility that the set is incorrectly designed, or
that
the instructions are incorrect (also highly likely), you were _not_
scanning
the stations. Rather, you were _reprogramming_ the unit.

There is no inherent law of nature that requires the scanned stations to
overwrite the manually programmed settings. For example, when I press SEEK
or SCAN on my car radio, it has no effect on the memory presets.

So...

Either the set has only an "auto program" function (which you are
mistaking
for a scan), or you are selecting the "auto program" function (rather than
simple scan).

Well Done again William....actually i pressed the option, wait for
it...........*Local Scan*.