Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default OT- Tough Drain Snaking?

If the piping is in good condition, you might try a Drain king, a
rubber balloon/check valve affair that fastens to a garden hose
and creates a tremendous water hammer in the line.

I don't know how old your place is, but drum traps were common
back when, you would never be able to get a cable through a drum
trap.

I don't know what your stem wall is made of, but don't hesitate to
consider creating another access hole close to the problem,
especially easy if it is brick or block.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

OK, I thought of something to try today. I'll try to get some
tubing down to the point where I can't get past with the snake.
I'm not sure if that point is the clog or a fitting. Anyway,
from there I can apply hot water down the tube and see if I can
blast away with hot water pressure. If that doesn't work, I can
pump all the water out to that point and perhaps try adding
vinegar or perhaps other chemicals. At least a better
concentration would get nearer to problem with less dilution. I
just wish the thing would have been made accessible without
tearing out.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

RogerN