Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOA: "I don't give a f*** what his problem is..."

On Oct 11, 12:38*am, Artful Dodger wrote:
On Oct 10, 5:29 am, "HeyBub" wrote: Man buys house and lot in Kennewick, Wash. According to HOA rules, he has
one year from occupancy to landscape (including irrigation) his 2-acre
property.

However, the man's reserve unit has been mobilized, he's on his way to Iraq,
and his wife is pregnant.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...428_reservist0...

Assuming you have presented the complete picture, *the man or his wife
or his lawyer should contact their Member of Congress. *Surprising how
few people think of using these ****s. *They are always thrilled to
solve
a constituent's problems; translates to votes next time. *Also, when
the Secretary of Defense will take the Congresscritter's call.

Good luck.

Enough of the picture has been presented that it looks to me there are
two sides. One key piece of information is that the neighbors had to
mow down the weeds. Now, forget about not doing the landscaping and
irrigation system after a year. If the homeowners are the least bit
responsible, then why aren't they at least having the property
regularly mowed?

It sounds like there is a good possibility these buyers bit off more
than they can chew. I have a lot of sympathy for those serving their
country and would certainly give them extra consideration, but you
have to look at all the facts and both sides of the situation before
you leap to conclusions. Also, by now, being a reservist and being
called up isn't unexpected, so it's not like it came totally out of
the blue.