Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Jon Slaughter Jon Slaughter is offline

Default TV with short circuit - how do I find the short?

"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
A friend of mine gave me an old 27 inch TV that no longer works. Upon
inspection of the insides, I noticed the "5A 125V GMA" fuse was blown. I
purchased a 10 pack of these fuses, and when I replaced it the fuse blew as
soon as the TV was plugged in again. I am assuming that there is a short
circuit on the board somewhere. How would I go about finding the short?
Is it possible the power cable or its connection to the circuit board is
related to this short?

Thanks in advance.

Simple way? Put in a much larger time delay fuse then look for the smoke.