Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT- Tough Drain Snaking?

I'm not sure where the vent is in the plumbing. I know it's on the roof but
I'm thinking it would be after the clog. This is my second blockage here
that I haven't been able to break through but they've been years apart. We
have a septic tank and the cleanout for it is in the carport. I guess I'm
thinking these drains go into the main drain and since only 1 drain gets
stopped up at a time, that it's in the line between tub and main. The
toilet is the furthest away from the cleanout and it flushes fine. So I'm
thinking the vent is on the main and the sinks are tapped into it. It would
help if there was an opening in the foundation near the bathroom so I could
at least shine a flashlight and have a peek.

One of our first clogged sewer problems was in the toilet. We had a time
getting it out but a large "rock" had formed in the trap. It was formed in
the shape of the trap. I don't know if someone had poured something in the
toilet that set up or could limestone form like this? Years before city
water was here, this house got it's water from a well and 3 cisterns. Is
hard water known to have lime deposit problems? I was just wondering if
these drain clogs are rock type deposits that formed over time. That might
explain why I've been having trouble breaking through them.
Thanks!

RogerN

wrote in message

Have you considered going up on the roof and running the snake down
the vent. Might get you by the area where the snake gets stuck.

Dan