Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default Ot - Not Political - Economic Meltdown

On Oct 10, 11:30 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
wrote in message

We're all running around like beheaded chickens and screaming for our
mommas. d8-)

Nah, your not. Your venting in newsgroups, like the rest of us. Liked some of your stuff in a previous topic, about your idea of the government being for the best interests of the country. Nice one. The Romans were pretty good at it, for several thousand years.

Andrew VK3BFA.

You, too, Andrew. You may want to re-read _On the Beach_. There are lots of
tips for Australians in there. I'm re-reading _Only Yesterday_, and trying
to judge if I can grow enough rutabagas in my backyard to survive. Maybe I
can raise some rabbits...

--
Ed Huntress

Mm, yes well - you covered a few things there Ed, and as I know your a
Smart ******* as we say here, not sure if your taking the **** or
what. (Translate that sentence if you can)

Whats a rutabaga? - is it edible - is it similar to Brussel Sprouts
(which are not)
Rabbits - speak to Don Forman about this, he hunts them in neighbours
backyards, manages to shoot them with Deadly Accuracy before they can
tear him to pieces..

On the Beach - a good read, by a British author, about how the Yanks
and the Russians screwed the world. Actually, all of Neville Shutes
books are pretty good - "Trustee from the Toolroom" has some nice
engineering passages in it. And its a Good Read. Its getting really
hard to find a good Trashy Novel - the sort you read for relaxation
and entertainment. I seem to be reading more and more metal related
books these days.

Theres never been a shortage of apocryphal novels - what ****es me off
is when they run to several volumes, you get sucked right in, and
then........the library doesn't have the last/latest one. (See Trashy
Novel above - very rarely are they good enough to actually buy(instead
of books on Metalworking))

How come economics has its own language? - is it to hoodwink and flim-
flam us peasants, my budget is what I have left in me wallet after I
pay the bills. Don't have any debt, dont have a credit card (but do
have a debit card). This probably means I am weird. So be it. And I
know I am out of touch with Contemporary Economics, the stock market
seems to be run by people who base their decisions on reading Chicken
Entrails each morning.

Someone once said "If you cant write a business proposal on one side
of a sheet of A4 paper, your probably bull****ting"

The Emperor Has No Clothes - how come its taken so long to see this?

Vegemite - an acquired taste, like American bourbon. But doesn't leave
you feeling crook in the guts next morning.

Who knows where all this economic stuff is going Ed - I dont. But as
the old Chinese curse says
"May you live in interesting times"

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.