Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default What is it? Set 253

On 2008-10-10, Rob H. wrote:

1428) Device to measure linear speed -- on a conveyer belt,
bandsaw blade, sanding belt, or something similar.

..... I would like to see other views of it to see how the reset
operation goes.

The only other shot that I have is one that shows the back, though I don't
think that will help very much, the text on it is somewhat hard to read, it
says "German Manufacture" and "Patented":

But it *does* show me what I needed to see. One of those two
rivets (I think the one on the left) is in a slot on the underlying
part, and pulling the levers at the bottom to the right pivots around
the other rivet, pulling the lower wheel both out of mesh with the worm,
and its pinion out of mesh with the upper wheel, thus allowing them both
to be rotated by the other hand to set to zero.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...9/DSC00012.jpg

The answers for this set can be seen at the link below, along with an update
on a device that had remained unidentified for several years, it was number
76 on my site, posted back in August of 2004:

O.K. I don't remember that one item -- must be before I started
following these.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564