Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default The bright side of the stockmarket collapse

"Buerste" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Ignoramus19789" wrote in message
At least your Social Security money was not used to "play with
stocks", as Bush and McCain wanted.
snip

Reap = sow. I'm hiring, and have already added 5 new jobs this year and
plan at least 2 more. Too bad you have to wait in a food line, try to get
some meat...meat's good! Can we help? Maybe take up a collection for you
so you can buy your meds. My people and I are always glad to help the
less fortunate.

Hey Tom.
You do indeed reap what you sew but then you are the one selling scrap as
first goods.
The statement I posred was from an editor at the Cleaveland Plain Dealer and
it's a reflection of you and yours.
Yopu have managed in your lifetime to turn a silk purse into a sowes ear.
You "people" can't even help yourselves and I'm not surprised. You all want
something for nothing.

Those five jobs you added weren't anything on your payroll. I've added
thousands to mine by your measure, and buying scrap metal to build an order
from isn't anything America ought to aspire to as a productivity
enhancement. It's a return to a barter system. In fact, it's the Chinese
business model in spades.

You have won in the great race to the bottom.
Monday next, 10/13/2008, I'll begin to reverse the insanity in this country
in my own small way. My group has ponied up, and we have gotten three to one
leverage on, thirty million of our own dollars. Excluding my property in
Costa Rica, I'll be all in. As the managing partner I won't get a thin dime
unless our long term goals are met. Should this effort go to hell, so will
I.

You Tom, would be horse laughed out of an exploratory talk about leverage. I
got a six percent LOC and an interest in allowing that funding source to
trade along side us. They would like to front run me but that would be
illegal.
I've known and done business with each of them for more than two decades
Tom. We turned a couple hundred grand into five million dollars on
Northridge.

Having sewn and sown well and reaped, we will once again cast aside the
broken parochial model you thrive on and make a future for the generation we
spawned that doesn't include mounds of debt - on them - to pay for our
excercise.

JC