Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Ot - Not Political - Economic Meltdown

"David R Brooks" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"DrollTroll" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
wrote in message
The news on the economic front is looking especially grim,
particularly for you Yanks. I hope the members of this group manage to
survive the hard times ahead with grace and dignity.
We're all running around like beheaded chickens and screaming for our
mommas. d8-)

I feel sure that,
with the plain old commonsense mechanical (and other) skills you have
acquired from the hobby, we will be better able to mend, make do,
scrounge, recycle as our grandparents did in the 30's.
I'm building an armored personnel carrier from old Ford pickup trucks
and
diamond plate as we speak. It's a good time to know how to use a
cutting
torch and to weld, and to have plenty of .30 caliber ammo. Think "Mad
Max." Thanks for that helpful, instructional documentary, BTW.

This is beyond politics, its happened, its a real mess, and hopefully
something better will arise from the present chaos. I wish you all
well, irrespective of the political arguments and insults.

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.
You, too, Andrew. You may want to re-read _On the Beach_. There are
lots
of tips for Australians in there. I'm re-reading _Only Yesterday_, and
trying to judge if I can grow enough rutabagas in my backyard to
survive.
Maybe I can raise some rabbits...
Indeed, soon we might just very well find out the hard way, Who Run
BarterTown.
Hopefully it will be Tina Turner, so's I can be her slave....

Hey, hang out with Gunner.
If you mend your very evil liberal ways, he might let you in his
underground bunker.

I can't live like a groundhog. And I'm not eating 'dillo jerky. That's
where
I draw the line.

As we say in Oz, you've never been real hungry if you say you don't like
witchetty grubs :-)

Your palates are already wrecked from Vegamite. It sounds like a vegetarian
explosive. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress