Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default furnace blows cold air on summer, but does not blow on winter

"mystique" wrote in message
My furnace keeps lighting the burners while the blower switch is on
winter, but the blower never turns on. When I switch the blower to
summer, the blower turns on and stays on, but the burners never
ignite; so the furnace just blows cold air into the room. I've been
reading about thermocouples, but it seems that is not the problem,
because the burners actually kick on, just not the blower. The switch
doesn't seem defective, because it has different settings when I
switch it from summer to winter to off. I know the blower works,
because it blows constantly when I put it on summer. I know the
burners work because they are almost constantly on when the blower is
on winter. It seems to me that I have all the parts of a working
furnace, they just don't know how to play nice ; - (

Concerning the thermostat: I had the same problems with the thermostat
connected, but I took the wires out and twisted them together to try
to get the thing to work this morning.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

There is probably a switch that senses the temp in the heat exchanger and turns
on the blower as it warm up. You need to check that switch. It may have temp
adjustments for the on and off temp.