Posted to alt.home.repair
what a maroon what a maroon is offline

Default AC/Heating Checkups

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:49:14 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

Here you refrence an old system ready to fail in a bug infested shack,
OP has 1 yr old system, in perhaps the most benign, clean, environment
there is. Do you go see your doctor every year even if you have no
insurance and get a complete physical, bloodwork and MRI. cat scan
etc. Folks that use AC 200 hours a year need to spend 150 a year on a
checkup? In the south some heat only 50 hours a year. Talk to an
insurance broker and he wants to sell you more insurance, talk to a
car salesman he wants you to buy a new car, I go to my new car dealer
and they always want me to do a 1000.00 worth of bs, on things just
done !!!. Jiffy Lube wants you to believe 3000 mile oil changes are
needed, but my car manufacturer says not so, talk to bubba and he just
wants your money. Bottom line, Unit age, Type of filter, operating
conditions, hours run, condition after 1 year, previous maintenance,
determine what is needed. Nobody who drives 10000 miles a year needs
an annual full car check up as bubby thinks.

Proving once again you're a ****ing idiot, plain and simple.