Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default OOTT://In case it is important to you.

{Snip}
I can't stand Bill Maher. He's not funny anymore... just like Dennis
Miller.. USED to be funny...

Personal Opinion: Think back to the Writer's strike last spring. I
think Bill Maher was a lot funnier before the strike. Since he went on
air (HBO 'on-air'??) without his union writers for a few HBO shows,
something happened. Since the writer's strike, Bill's humor has turned
just nasty (or maybe petulant?)

HBO I think is trying to attract a specific demographic of young people
to a political humor / current events show. Bill Maher is showing his
age and his blatant his left coast bias to current events. Is he still
connecting with the demographics HBO is after? This I don't know. I
assure you, I am WAY too old for the target audience, even if I am a
political liberal.