Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark F Mark F is offline

Default Cataract Surgery

wrote:
Looks like it's time to get my cataracts fixed. There's been a small
one in my right eye for five or six years and nothing in the left. In
the last six months vision in my right has gone down the tubes. The
doctor says I now have three in the right eye and the left is almost
ready too. I've been nearsighted (-5.5/-3.5) all my life.

Any suggestins for the implant? Implant for distance and do reading
glasses, or stay nearsighted and do distance lenses? My first impulse
is to go for distance since I would still need safety glasses for most
of what I do.

Of course the glasses will come from Zenni 8

Stick with "soft" (foldable) implants, and go for distance vision.
My cataracts were lighting up like a shower curtain in oncoming
headlights, so great improvement.

I also had astigmatism which is a bugger for "progressive" (on your
nose) eyeglasses, which work fine for most people who DON'T have
astigmatism. The doc made a few cuts in my cornea and when these
healed back up, most of the astig. was corrected.

I'd rather use glasses for computer and reading than for driving.

Just got a few pair from zenni, see my earlier post.