Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Repurposing an old blower motor for a grain mill

wrote:
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:21:21 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

They said they pulled it from a 110V source, and that's about all they
know. They had removed it from the housing and all from an old unit,
so they hadn't read any information on it.

Then it's 120V (or 110). Why would they lie about that? It was nice
of them to give it to you, so trust them.
Besides, I cant think of any residential furnaces that have 240V fan
motors.

Maybe they made a mistake/forgot?

Who said it came from a residential furnace? I'd guess from the other
markings there's a good likelihood it's a dual voltage but that's as
much conjecture as all the rest here w/ no further actual data.

If it;s a 3 speed, you can change one wire to change the speed. That
wire is on one of them now. You probably want the slowest speed.

Yep, that part seems pretty certain.