Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst N Hurst is offline

Default Little OT but involves wood and windows

On Oct 9, 11:00*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
"Larry C" wrote in message

That makes total sense. I feel like a bit if an idiot for not thinking
that. I was thinking along the lines of a power hand planer. *Less dust,
more filings.

Unfortunately if I use the plastic method I will not have to buy a power
hand planer.

What in the hell is wrong with you man? *You dare speak like this in public?
Listen here mister, and listen real damned good - plastic don't have a
damned thing to do with needing the "right" tool for the job. *Sheese....
Gotta tell some people everything.

OK - so here's the scoop - do the plastic thing to keep the mess down *and*
go buy the new power planer. *For Pete's sake man - just don't tell the
missus that you didn't need the power planer because the plastic was some
sort of miracle cure. *Just be sure you tell her how smart is was to hang
that plastic to contain the mess that the new power planer (which halved the
work time, plus added accuracy) created.

--

-Mike-

Well, a power planer would be a good choice anyway because wood chunks
aren't as big a PITA to clean up as sawdust is.

Oh man you should have seen the look my mom gave my dad when we
waltzed in from the garage covered in MDF dust after making some
speaker cabinets. That stuff got EVERYWHERE in her kitchen. It didn't
help that we had guests coming over and it was nearly dinnertime,
either.

So yeah, for the health of your family, get the planer and a metal
detector, because you don't want to put your eye out with blade
chunks. And if it has a dust port, you might look into the Festool
dust collection system... don't need to clean up what never falls
down, right?

-Nathan