Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Cataract Surgery

Any suggestins for the implant? Implant for distance and do reading
glasses, or stay nearsighted and do distance lenses? My first impulse
is to go for distance since I would still need safety glasses for most
of what I do.

Of course the glasses will come from Zenni �8

Kabow

I had cataract surgery a few years ago. One eye one week and the other
eye a few weeks later. All went well.

Start by asking around everywhere you are able to until you find a
doctors name coming up regularly. Ask older folks as cataract surgery
is an old folks thing. There is probably a web site for this and where
I live in Tucson there are lots of both newspaper and TV ads from lots
of doctors who do cataract surgery. Keep up the asking until you get
results.

In my own case I found that my left eye was seeing yellow al the time.
When looking at the stars my left eye twinkled and my right eye was
fine. The headlights on the car were yellow. So have your eyes
examined as often as needed to be sure you have determined the exact
difficulties or symptons. Don't skimp on examinations. Repeat as
necessary. Be sure to know exactly what is wrong.

I never needed any glasses but for reading and closeup. I have the
generic implants and the doctor never considered anything else. When
I visited his place the nurse showed me throughout the building.
Answered all may questions and invited me to return for more visits
before making up my mind. In my case the recommendations for the
doctor were 99%. I am sure there are others as competent but his
personality meshed with mine and I went with him. Took me a few weeks
to schedule the first eye and after that all went as planned. Be sure
to have someone to drive you home after each surgery. I did not drive
for a week after each surgery. I do tend to be more cautious than most
but I did not want to have any future liability problems.

Write back if you would like.
and the doctor